zFTPServer has an amazing user interface since the management controls run in your web browser. Just install the server and log in with the admin password through the web link you’re given.
Every window you open through the management console can be dragged around on the screen and used simultaneously, much like if it were running on your desktop.
You can enable FTP, SFTP, TFTP, and/or HTTP access, as well as watch server activity live, set up automatic server updates, throttle connection speed, ban IP addresses, and generate random passwords for users.
Below are some more options and features you can use with zFTPServer:
- Timeout after so-many seconds
- Speed schedules that apply only to certain days of the week or times of the day
- Case sensitive username
- IP-based connection control
- Windows authentication integration
- Users can be given admin privileges
- Disallow new connections but keep existing ones
- Per-user restrictions and options like account expiration, bandwidth control, concurrent login limit, protocol access, denied login, Windows login, storage limits, event and stat information, and more
- Specific settings for the log file
The free edition of zFTPServer is only free for private, non-commercial use. All of the same features enabled in paid versions are available in the free one except that only a maximum of three connections can be made to your server at once. More »